ISO 20000 (ISO20K) Conformance Assessment
With the adoption of ISO 20000 internationally, for both internal and external IT service providers as a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services, true assessments make it easy to target remediation effort to gain or maintain conformance of IT Service Management capability against the requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 international standard, by providing an efficient and effective assessment tool.
Our true assessments ISO20K assessment, is designed to minimise the impact to the organisation being assessed, and differentiates itself from standard style maturity assessments by:
- Approaching the assessment from a business outcomes perspective
- Including an optional short 360° perception survey of service delivery. (Customer Relationship style)
- Having role based (360° basis) process discovery surveys, and using statistical scoring mechanisms.
- Having Major and Minor non-conformities captured and reported, along with the level of answer variety (individual’s answers varying from each other)
- Providing Compliance scores, observations and improvement recommendations which are aligned to the processes and clauses/requirements in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
- Using web based survey, designed to significantly broaden the data collection footprint, minimise disruption to the client and minimise data collection time as well as costs
- Capturing often revealing anecdotal (anonymous) evidence via survey question comments
- Producing a comprehensive report directly out of the portal, suitable for customisation by a consultant who is able to then customise and tailor the report further to add value and to suit the scope of an assignment as well as a corporate identity
The assessment is aligned to:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Service management system requirements)
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 (Guidance on the application of service management systems)
- ISO/IEC 20000-3:2009 (Guidance on scope definition and applicability)
- ISO/IEC 20000-4:2010 (Process reference model)
- ISO/IEC 20000-5:2010 (Exemplar implementation plan)
All organisations have different attributes, which differentiate them in terms of their ITSM needs or outcomes. An Organisational Profile is created to identify data which will assist in scoping and provide information for market comparisons.
Perception of the service quality and value
An optional Perception Survey allows Customers, IT Management and Staff to anonymously give their perception of the service quality and value.
In circumstances where certification is not paramount, but ensuring that process improvements are business driven, the Perception Survey can be conducted at the start of the engagement to help set the scope, determine business drivers, prioritise the improvement initiative and garner management buy-in.
In order to provide objectivity and ensure a fully-representative 360° view, tailored online surveys are directed to different sets of interested parties, or stakeholders. i.e.
- Process Beneficiaries (Could include external or internal customers, business executives or other key stakeholders)
- Process Managers
- Process Members
This ensures that any conflicting or contradictory views are captured as they may indicate a communication issue, knowledge gap, or a relationship issue. The participants are identified during the initial stage, but the results are anonymous in the report. This helps ensure honesty when capturing survey data, including anecdotal data, and delivers a truer outcome.